Need Restoration?


Scott and I love to go to the ocean! We love to just sit and soak up the sun, hear the waves, watch the people, watch the tides change, jump in the waves,....restore our souls. Going to the ocean allows us to relax, be still, and watch God's artistry. From the different hues of the sky and waters, to all of the species in the waters, God has designed all of this. I have this picture on my desktop and it reminds me of the 18 days I spent seeking and just listening to Him this past summer. In all honesty, I don't think that I have ever spent that much time continuously in God. How sad for me.

While Heather was a teenager, I took care of 3 young girls whose mother had died in a car accident. I realized that I couldn't take care of these four girls, help with their household, be a wife, and a full-time teacher without spending time with God everyday. It was so incredibly hard to fit everything into my day and give all that I had to each of these responsiblities, but I knew that with Him, He would guide and direct my steps. I just knew it in my Spirit. I knew that God would give me the energy and strength I needed to do what He had purposed for me.

It was hard, but, I would set my alarm for 20min. before I knew that my day was to begin, go to the living room, read my Bible, and talk to God about the day ahead. I became more purposeful in looking for what He was doing around me and sometimes thru me. I wish I could say that I did this everyday, but I didn't. However, I did do it often enough to notice that on the days that I sought Him first, my days seemed to stretch and I would have more energy. I don't know how He does this!!

My challenge to you is to just try putting Him first in your day as many times as you can for a month, take note of how your days go, and then see what God does with those days, see where and how He shows Himself. Watch for changes in yourself as you honestly seek Him. See if you feel His Spirit restoring your soul. I will be praying for each of you. God Bless!

1 comments:

MomToOnlyOneSon said...

Dianna,

Your article spoke to me - it is exactly where I am in my own life right now. And you are right... it is SO hard to put God first ALL the time. But, it most definately is worth it! Thank you for your inspiring message.

Post a Comment